Here is my working Prince Tribute playlist with all of the katas (movement sequences) laid out. To see videos of me teaching specific songs, check out my personal facebook page.
1: On the Couch
2: Let It Go (choreography from old Carlos Routine called Agolo)
- Kata 1: Verses/Other – 12/6 Fast Clock and hands dive forward, leg extensions
- Kata 2: Bridge – "A" stance pelvic and arm circles
- Kata 3: Chorus – Figure 8, CCC with hands pressing down
- Kata 4: Verses/Other – Funkify the 12/6 Fast Clock with toes in/out
- Kata 1: Verses – Fast Clock Taps Dbl time (Cross Front, Side, Cross Behind), then Cross Kick x2, switch sides
- Kata 2: Chorus – Turn (4 steps) pause in Bow Stance and syncopated clap, return
- Kata 3: Verses – Reverse Fast Clock Taps Dbl time (Cross Behind, Side, Cross Front), then Cross Kick BEHIND x2 with Upward Punch
- Kata 1: Verses: – Slow Clock angled to corners, CCC. Arms Open circle flow forward, fire ball backward (a motion like pulling a bow)
- Kata 2: Chorus – Cross Behind, CCC x2 then Sumo Stance Upward Block/Upward Punch syncopated 1-2-3, 1-2-3.
- Kata 3: Verses –Slow Clock angled with arms reversed, then add Elbow Strikes later
- Kata 4: Other/Instrumental – Cross Front CCC with Claps high low, low high
- Kata 5: Guitar Instrumental – Spin then Sumo!
5: When Doves Cry (choreography adapted from "Sweeter Love" off the Sexi Routine)
- Kata 1: Chorus' and Intro – Open Stance, Double Squish Walk, Lateral Wiggle (all at once)
- Kata 2: Verses – a 4-part Kata comprised of 1. Fast Clock (2/10 o'clock) w/ CCC, Hip Bump to 3/9, Bow Stance shimmy with claps, Cross Front w/ CCC
- Kata 3: Verses – Cross Front CCC with toe taps, alternate with core pulsing
- Kata 4: Closed Stance, spiral earth to sky to finish song
6. Raspberry Beret
- Kata 1: Intro – Jazz Square x3, turn, CCC
- Kata 2: Verses – Jazz Square x4, Jazz Cross Kick (arms open line), Bow stance shimmy earth
- Kata 3: Chorus: Cha Cha Cha Duncan Dance forward, Jazz square, CCC drumming earth, Jazz square CCC
7: Let's Go Crazy
8: Kiss – use as a Freedance song and SING!
9: Purple Rain
10. Nothing Compares 2 U (Sinead O'Connor version)
11. Bassic (Flow Mix) by Deep Dive Corp